The crafting day that I host has become crafting day for everyone except for me

One of my greatest joys in life is crafting. I have many crafts which I enjoy and many skills which I have acquired over the years. I knit, crochet, sew, quilt, sculpt, paint, illustrate, make jewelry and cook. In recent months I have begun to host a crafting day each Sunday morning for the other women I know who like to craft to come over to my house, enjoy some of my cooking, and we all craft together. But I have created a monster and now instead of one or two people coming over and crafting with me, I find myself cooking for and feeding five or more extra people every Sunday and it has got to stop. I have a jewelry piece I have been working on for some time now and I was looking forward to being able to work on it yesterday, but instead I spent most of the day on my feet in the kitchen making food for everyone.

Now, I do realize this is no one's fault but my own. No one made me stay in the kitchen all day, and no one forced me to invite so many people, but the event just started to take on a life of its own and before I knew it, it was out of control. I couldn't even get any crafting done after everyone left because now I was stuck with a mountain of dishes and cleaning to take care of from having cooked so much for many people. So there I was, exhausted from cooking all day and hosting so many people, and I had hours of cleaning to do. I went to bed without having worked on my own craft project at all.

Next week, I am considering not hosting any sort of craft day. Or, If I do, keeping the guest list to no more than three people and ordering pizza instead of cooking, that way I can be still and actually work on my own projects. There is no point to the post, I am just tired and cranky and I wanted to complain about how the whole point of craft day was that I could work on my crafts with my friends, but that isn't what I ended up getting to do at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Rove Cartridge!! Sherbet!

A brand new Rove experience: Rove Pro Pack

Latest Rove cartridge: Kush: Why it is awesome!